1.02.2011

Trying it again, huh?

Yesterday, Tate and I were discussing New Year's resolutions. I said mine was to find stress relief so my stress doesn't effect my relationships. I have realized how little I have done for myself here, allowing all my energy to go into work and the girls. Therefore, I am proposing 4 ways to a stress-managed Abby. Here's the list:

1. Run/walk at work 2 afternoons per week. During the week, I do not get any exercise. We have a track at school that rarely gets used. Might as well.

2. Read for pleasure every day. Tate and I have been going to bed quite late and it has cut into my reading in bed time. I want to read non-work related material at least 30 minutes per day. I'll have to see how this goes - it may need to be in the morning, reading news I'm embarrassingly far behind on, or maybe I just need to go to bed at a reasonable time.

3. Crochet. When pregnant with HD, I made a gazillion blankets. Then she was born. Here we are, 3 1/2 years later with no new handmade stuff. I found some awesome $1 yarn that was begging to be made into a throw that our beds are desperate for. I need to do this weekly. Make some stuff.

And 4. I will write on this blog every day for the entire year. You're right, I've said this before and it didn't work out so well. But I find that I need to write every day. I need to dump the contents of this noggin and writing by hand goes even worse than writing on here. And here, at least, one of you out there may hold me accountable for missing a day. Or 5. So here we go again. Hop in and prepare yourself for the innards of my mind. You will now be subjected to what needs to leave my consciousness every day in order to stay sane. Should be fun.

By the way, Happy New Year!

And see you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment