1.14.2011

Chinese mothers

A bit ago I wrote this about parents in China having babies and handing them over to be raised by grandparents. Of course, since going on my diatribe, I have have seen more parents with their kids than grandparents with grand kids. I even saw a lady make her gambling partners wait for her to get her baby latched on before the next hand was dealt in an illegal roadside game.

But just when I thought I'd got over my crazy labeling of Chinese parenting, someone else did it. In case you missed this one, you must read "Why Chinese Mothers are Superior".
I haven't figured out how to respond to this yet. I think I need to read it again, though I alternated between chills and nausea and anger while reading it.

Not for me, I suppose.

2 comments:

  1. Chau's book got a lot of attention here. Most people, particularly AAs, think she's crazy. She will get her 15 minutes of fame, make a shitload of money (because this is what it's really about), and slink back into oblivion. That's my hope anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The woman is REALLY good at self-promotion.

    ReplyDelete