1.11.2011

Resolution Update 1

So far, so good.

I crocheted tonight (no work!) while watching Wall Street.

I've done a blog every day.

I hope my cold is better by Thursday to begin my exercise regimen.

And reading is going well. I'm reading about Buddhism and it's appealing to my, well, should I say, spiritual side. Or what sort of a spiritual side I have. I am not religious. I am not an atheist. But what if? Buddhism's concern for others as the path to enlightenment is pretty appealing. However, the supernatural stuff is still a bit hard for me. The book is a 'history of' type and I have yet to read about lay practice. How I feel about the Buddhist path after reading that, well, we'll see. The path to true enlightenment, to nirvana, to Buddhahood, is paved with selflessness, but how that tranlates to blo-Joe Buddhist is still a mystery.

Final thoughts for the night are recent notes from a big kid: "Mommy, get off the bus. It's time to go." "Your teeth are big."

And my favorite, when asked how she likes her new classmate -

HD: I cut his legs.

Me: What did you cut them with?

HD: A knife.

Me: Where did you get the knife?

HD: At school.

Me: In your class?

HD: Yeah.

Me: What color is the knife? (trying to find out if the knife is real)

Pause.

HD: (whispers) I can't tell you that.

No comments:

Post a Comment