1.18.2011

One down, three to go

So that resolution thing? A bust. Well, not a total bust. But the writing everyday has lost its flair, as was inevitable. I missed a day on purpose, and yesterday, in a flurry of children, Chinese lessons, and oh-sh*t-I-have-to-teach-something-tomorrow planning, the blog was again left silent.

Do not fear loyal readers! This does not mean an end to regular updates of the life that warrants the name "mad momma". However, this will probably be toned down a bit. Now that I have granted myself permission to abandon the writing every day thing, I don't think I will be writing every day. Wasn't that profound.

In other news from the front: we had snow yesterday, with frigid for Chongqing temperatures. Chongqing is dubbed one of the 3 furnaces of China with good reason. Call it global warming, climate change, or El Nino (though that doesn't really hit us here), or whatever else, but we have had our share of odd weather so far this winter. It's like all the snow I heard about in Georgia, minus the accumulation part, but weird, nonetheless.

For us to see snow was wild. Most of our students have grown up in Taiwan and Chongqing have never seen snow and it was fun to see their reaction to it. And mine - I stopped mid-sentence and rushed to the window to confirm it.

No snow days coming. Probably not even a late start for crappy roads. Maybe some more flakes to frolic in, though.

That would be cool.

And good for resolution #1 to get off my duff and get moving. Right...

No comments:

Post a Comment