2.26.2011

Frustrated

I have spent the past two weeks in internet agony. In my last post I expressed a bit of my frustration, but the past two days have really solidified my rage. Why must communicating be so damn hard?!

First, my email froze.

Then, I suddenly cannot view my student loan website to pay my student loans (important) and get my tax info (also very important).

Then, I can't get on turbotax.com anyway, well, at least in a reasonable amount of time. Just now, I have spent 15 minutes logging in and going to my personal info (step 1).

Then, I cannot get onto evite.com to send a cutesy invitation for PB's b-day in two weeks.

Finally, my searches for the coolest vacation I'm sure to ever take to the Perhentian Islands reveal good, though unloadable, websites.

AHHHH!

I can't do this. I can't depend on something so unreliable. But without knowing the language, I have to. I loathe going to work and asking all the Chinese staff to do everything for me. I like to take care of my everything - I'm really quite able to do things on my own. Here, I feel like a 12-year-old wanting to take that next step towards independence but still needing to rely on others to do some of the leg work.

Additionally, I loathe the fact that I am so reliant on the internet for everything. I've been thinking, what would I do if this didn't work anymore, like, at all? How would I pay my bills? How would I keep in touch with family and friends? How on Earth would I survive?

Now calm down, Abby. It will be okay.

I know, I know. But this beautiful Sunday in Chongqing, I'm just frustrated.

No comments:

Post a Comment