2.10.2011

Another thanks, closer to home

We're dueling computers tonight, side-by-side on the couch. One old, one new. One yelled at every few minutes (guess which?), the other working away sans complaints. All for the love of...I don't know - career? Money? Security? Travel?

I wonder sometimes why hubby and I put ourselves through the stress and chaos of life with job and school. I keep telling myself there will come a day when it ends, when work stays at work, and there's no homework due at the end of the week. Finally finished with grad school, I thought, sure my first year teaching will be rough, but at least I won't be writing papers anymore.

Then hubby got hired. And wanted to teach. And needs a license so we are an unstoppable teaching machine with secure jobs (ha! right...) that will take us to far and exotic new lands.

So back to writing papers we go, well, he goes. Now he has less time to take care of me, the house, and the girls, and this week, I got pissed.

Nice of me, isn't it?

Rather than seeing the amount of new, really important stuff hubby's begun, I saw the lack of help he was giving me. Actually, I saw how little I have had to do over the past year and a half.

What a man.

I kept pushing through school after school after kid after school after kid after school....and all this time I thought I did so much. I thought, I work, go to school, and take care of the cooking, cleaning, and kids. How I work!

But it was hubby all along. He's that good that I didn't even notice.

And to top it all off, in the middle of my stress-ball week of trying to pick up the slack so he can work, I treat him like dog poo and this is what he sends to me:


Considering the amount of food that peanut butter ends up on in this house, seeing this made my heart ache with love.

And I feel like a complete arse.

I'm sorry. And I love you. And thank you for being the best husband ever. I am so lucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment