2.08.2011

谢谢,自贡。

Last I wrote, I was reflecting upon my 20s and preparing for a 3 hour trek to Zigong (自贡). A week later, I am filled with stories, sighs, and few words to put to it all. Though we took extra time in Zigong, it still felt like a whirlwind trip. Four days is a short time to "see" a place. I have only one thing to say today about the trip (more to follow, I'm sure):

Xie xie, Zigong (谢谢,自贡). You were welcoming, helpful, and left us alone. Gawking without chasing, laughing at my swipes, and ultimately treating us like humans and not a circus act. I thank you for letting us explore your city as if we were any other person and not tall white foreigners itching for a pet. It was good. And a nice change.

Thanks.

--------------------------------

PS. PB peed in the potty on her own without prompting today - I think the end of diapers is near. Yea!

1 comment: