8.05.2009

Wednesday

we've been really excited by Harper's ability to begin feeling when she's "gotta go". she talks about peeing all the time, pooping sometimes, and loves that she gets to take her diaper off and sit on her potty.

so lately, when she mentions pee and grabs her diaper, we strip it off and go to the potty. sometimes she goes, sometimes not. but we always let her run around for a bit sans diaper afterwards. tonight taught me better.

as usual, Harper mentioned pee so I stripped her and sent her to the potty and she peed. thinking that was it, I left her to air out for a bit. I had also given her a 1/4 cup measuring cup to keep her busy while I was cooking.

I left the room and heard a tinkling sound and Harper saying "pee, pee, pee". when I peeked back in, she was squatting over the measuring cup on the floor, peeing into it with remarkable accuracy. in fact, pee got on the floor only because the cup overflowed. is this kid ready to give a urine sample or what?

all I could do was laugh. and feel encouraged by her excitement around going to the bathroom. now if we could just get #2 down...

1 comment: