8.21.2009

Happy Birthday Harper!

My wonderful HD,

Two years ago today, you were pulled, screaming, from my belly. I was crying, until I saw your chubby cheeks and incredibly long eyelashes. A wonderful calm overcame me in your presence. You were little, long, and a horrible eater. And I loved and kissed every bit of you.

Today, you are a big girl, tall and still a horrible eater. I love you more every day, but now I only kiss owies and those beautiful lips. You are my light, and my madness, my wonderful manic little child. Every day is different and interesting because you are part of it. I revel in your words, I brag about your every accomplishment, and I can't believe that you are mine.

Two years and I am still adjusting to being your mother. Most of the time you make it easy -- it is obvious I am your favorite, for now, and I love all the kisses and hugs you bestow upon me. But the way you play with your dad, and light up when he enters a room melts me.

Penny adores you, and you return the love. She loves you most, and you oblige, kissing her, talking to her, and always making sure she is okay. You are a great help in burping her, and keeping her bouncing in the bouncy chair.

I cannot wait to see what the next two years bring, the next 20...it is so wonderfully exciting and I know it will be a blast!

I LOVE YOU Noodle. Happy Birthday!

mom

1 comment:

  1. That is so sweet. You have a way with words. I kinds got choked up. Can't wait to see you.--Julia

    ReplyDelete