12.29.2009

Portland snow

I may be premature in writing this post (it's been snowing for 2 hours), but when the muse strikes...

reasons I love Portland when it snows:

1. everything shuts down and is quiet
2. snow is magical
3. laughing at idiot drivers
4. Bluedog goes crazy
5. it only snows once a year with accumulation and that is the only thing besides family I really miss about Denver

so...

reasons I hate Portland when it snows:

1. everything shuts down and I get cabin fever
2. lack of shovels
3. yelling at idiot drivers
4. lack of shovels
5. it only snows once a year with accumulation and so no one is ever prepared and we get stuck inside and even walking is a hassle because of the lack of shovels

did I mention the LACK OF SHOVELS?

anyway, happy first-season-snow Portlanders!

2 comments:

  1. Included in the reasons to be annoyed by snow: email from nanny asking if I really want her to come tomorrow, given the weather. Um, YES. I still have to work, thank you. (Plus, the forecast is for a warm up overnight, which should eliminate the problem anyway.)

    Reason to love snow: watching Ada and her pal Lila enjoy being outside as it falls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks lovely through a window doesn't it. Somehow it isn't as pretty when you are scraping it off the car.

    :)

    ReplyDelete