12.27.2009

"I pooped in the potty!"

I underestimated the pride I thought I'd feel when Harper was finally potty trained.

she's not potty trained, per se, but pooped 5 times in the toilet today.

I was ecstatic.

I am ecstatic.

and what makes it better? she went 5 times because it was so exciting for her, she held back so she could poop, wipe, flush, and start all over again. I always thought potty training would be a battle, hard fought, and never won, but with the signing of treaties and truces made. I feared crying, kicking, screaming, pee and poop all over the floor, and tons of laundry.

and we may still be headed in that direction. this is however, only day 3 of serious "training".

but for now, pride is all I want to feel. I am so proud of my big kid, my Noodle, HD. high fives all around!

1 comment:

  1. I am glad you explained that she was holding back so she could go multiple times. Otherwise I'd be worried about what you were feeding her that lead to 5 poops in one day!

    (congrats to you both!)

    ReplyDelete