7.05.2009

a little about a lot

aka really, really, really overdue weekend update. so since I last corresponded with my reader(s), much has occurred: a trip to Ketchikan, Alaska, buses to daycare, parties, swim lessons and TWO DAYS OFF.

only two days you say? well, it's a start, and it was wonderful. in two weeks I return to school, full time, and will be busier than I can even conceive right now. and until then, I am mostly with both children, mopping up spit-up and singing the ABCs.

actually, we're not allowed to sing them right now. any time we start, hd will proclaim, "no ABCD, kay?" and when she sings it, it turns into the song that never ends. when she reaches the end with "now I know my ABCs", it becomes, "now I know my ABCDEFG..."

I know. adorable.

anyway, back to me.

I have exactly 4 days to myself before school begins, two of which have already passed. of course I had grand ideas of all the awesome things I would do, including many naps, clothes shopping, blogging...

and now all I see ahead are two more days where I don't have enough time to do all I want to do. the time passes faster when the kids are away. how's that fair? how am I supposed to get anything done?

but really, a proper weekend update should include weekend activities.

yesterday, we celebrated the 4th on top of the world at a friend's new penthouse apartment that is fabulous. it had all the things you would expect, but what really did it for me was the 70-foot-long balcony facing the river. it was gorgeous. and I would show you, if we had remembered the camera.

however, the real highlight of the evening were my amazingly behaved children. hd was up 4 hours past her bedtime and never whined, fussed, or tantrumed. she was pleasant, outgoing, cute, and binky-free the whole night. and little p, took a short nap and chilled the rest of the evening with anyone wanting to hold her.

it was great.

it will probably never happen again.

1 comment:

  1. What I would give for a day (or part of a day) without whining! I keep telling myself it's a phase but I am getting harder and harder to believe. Sounds great!

    ReplyDelete