9.28.2011

Q

I enjoy playing Scrabble and Bananagrams and other word games. Thus, I know the elusive nature of the letter 'q' in the English language. However, at work I find myself writing q's often, and was surprised today to see how many q's were on my white board after just one class. Teaching math, I write "equation" a lot. And how often do you think of "equation" when playing Scrabble? (well, maybe you do...) I also seem to write "question" a lot, mostly with instructions. And when typing, there is "Chongqing", where I live. So many q's!

Tomorrow I am going to tally the number of times I use 'q' in my day, written that is. Maybe the backwards p is not so elusive after all.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Added 9/30/11: Yesterday I wrote 20 q's. Really. Today I noticed it also. I think it's time to memorize all the words with q in them and kick butt at Scrabble. Not that I don't already.

No comments:

Post a Comment