9.28.2009

flu season?

my baby is sick, really sick. vomit, crying, smiling through purple-rimmed eyes, and fit-full sleeping. poor, poor thing. there's nothing worse than a baby so sick that even mega-tiger doesn't cheer her up. and not being able to tell someone how you feel so they can make it better must really, really suck.

penny and mega-tiger hangin'

I remember when the family got the flu when harper was 7-months-old. she also woke up vomiting, and if you've ever experienced projectile vomit from a baby you know why all I can think is "Exorcist". really people, it's not right. and today, after 4 clothes changes (one for me included), one sheets change, and close to running out of blankets, witnessing baby puke isn't any easier.

every couple hours penny acts hungry and I make her a small bottle, and she's all excited, grabbing for it and stuff, and downs it. 30 minutes later, it all comes up. and she gets pissed. not upset like her stomach hurts, though I'm sure it does, but gives me a look that says, "but mom, I wanted that food". at least she can keep down Pedialite.

and most of all, I hope penny's unfortunate ordeal is not flu-induced, as that means it will inevitably be passed around the household.

harper had a runny nose this morning...

No comments:

Post a Comment