4.11.2011

It has taken me 35 minutes to post this

Wednesday I leave for my first ever backpacking trip. 3 days in Yangshuo, China, hiking backcountry with 8 teenagers who haven't done anything like this either. Well, at least I've slept on the ground before. Under a tarp. In the rain.

PB got sick on Saturday, me on Sunday, HD today, and hubby...I hope it waits until I return on Saturday next. Wicked cold with body aches. Hello Spring!

Mosquitoes are back.

There are only 9 weeks until I will have finished my first year of teaching. I'm thinking about throwing a party. The question is, last day of school or first day back in the States? Maybe both. And more. (Almost there, Abby! Keep going! - Thanks, inner voice.)

Want to see some pictures? Ask China Telecom to add another cable to our complex so it doesn't take hours. I think a letter-writing campaign is in order. Eh, no time. Pictures in a week.

I'm going to paradise! I'm going to paradise! (Imagine I'm next to you repeating this in the most annoying, bragging voice of an 8-year-old, because) I'm going to paradise!

No comments:

Post a Comment