3.14.2011

Not a morning person

On Saturday I will be running in the Chongqing Marathon, though not the marathon part - the 5K. However, even that is a stretch seeing as I've done no real cardio work since leaving Portland last summer. Any-hoo, I've been training, a bit, and ran about 6K the other night, nearly fainting upon completion. I took a day off to recover and swore I would get up early and run every morning this week.

Then the cold front came.

Well, that's my excuse this morning at least. My alarm went off, the room was freezing, and I thought that my poor muscles wouldn't even be able to warm up and I would injure myself. So I layed in bed waiting for hubby's alarm to go off, the whole time thinking, it's okay, I'll run tonight.

But really, I'm just not a morning person.

          -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

**Isn't it interesting how terms like "cold front" become part of our everyday vocabulary? This meterological term is not something I need to explain, though is very, well, scientific. I'm searching my brain for other examples of profession-specific words that have made it into our everyday lives but am coming up blank. Perhaps you know of one?**

No comments:

Post a Comment