3.02.2010

I had the salad...

Tuesdays I have a class down at PSU after being at the high school. the class includes pot luck snacks. usually included are donuts, cookies, chips, other sweets, and sometimes veggies.

anyway...

because there is all this food around, I snack for 2 and 1/2 hours. on all of it. luckily today, the donuts ran out before I got there, but not the cookies. or popcorn. or chips. or baby carrots (I was a little good) with dip (okay, not really).

in honor of all this eating, I decided to take advantage of a rain-free evening and ride my bike the 6 miles home. the air was cool, traffic clear from rush hour, and I was working up a good sweat.

then I hit 16th.

and I got hungry.

all the glorious dinners being made in the nearby houses were emitting the most wonderful smells. at least one person was roasting a bird. and grease was somewhere, no mistaking it.

and there went my work-it-off-have-a-salad-at-home plan.

wait, that's not true, I had the salad. with a cheese tamale and beans and rice and cheese.

damn those home cookers with good ventilation!

1 comment:

  1. Haha, I used to like go jogging around 6pm and I would smell everyone's dinner cooking too. It's torture!

    ReplyDelete