11.24.2009

bone quivers

today I received my first request for a review and subsequent blog post. I am noting this for a few reasons:

1. this confirms that someone other than my husband, friends, and a couple other bloggers sometimes, occasionally, read this blog;

2. it was mommy related -- I am officially known as a mommy-blogger to the internet world;

3. I'm not doing the review.

I've been following (a little) all the craziness about bloggers giving reviews for free, pay, or stuff, and really feel this is not an area I want to get into. it appears confusing, stressful, and something that really divides bloggers into cliques. I did not start this blog to become part of that world, but to connect with other people like myself, that just want a little electronic encouragement once in a while.

however, it did feel great to be noticed. I won't lie. a little part of me felt that popularity-craving bone in my body quiver with excitement. a random person likes my blog and wants my opinion on something? and thinks I have enough readers for a review on my blog to be something a business-owner craves? awesome.

maybe this is the start of something big. maybe I am on my way to stardom. maybe next month I will double my hits to 2000.

or maybe some random dude found my blog and took a shot at some free press.

either way, I like when my bones quiver.

1 comment:

  1. If I ever got a request that was something I might actually be interested in using/eating/wearing... I might do a review. But instead I have gotten requests for things like tanning lotion (TANNING lotion?). Thanks but no thanks.

    ReplyDelete