10.27.2009

you want to go to grad school, do ya?

AHHH!

sleep-short nights, super-long days and children of all sizes everywhere -- such is the life of a mother/wife/student teacher. when people find out all I do they say something like, wow, how do you do it? why doesn't I don't have a f-ing clue ever suffice?

the days are all one (it's tuesday, right?); the assignments many, long, and complicated; the children cry at daycare for mommy; dinner's on the table at 6; teenagers wanting, I don't know, help I guess -- I don't know what anyone wants. and I don't know what I give. I'm just surviving here. trying to look 2 days ahead to avoid all-nighters and remember to take crap out of the freezer to thaw.

what was I thinking. really. one year is turning out to be a very. long. time.

but as Aretha says, I will survive, and so will my family and my students. and we'll all laugh about this someday.

and in the meantime, a funny conversation to sustain me:

HD: I poop in my diaper.

me: you pooped?

HD: yeah. me eat poop?

me: no, that's yucky.

HD (giggling): me eat Blue poop?

me: nooo...

HD (giant smile): me eat daddy poop?

me (giggling): nooo...

HD (ginormous smile): me eat poop yucky!

me (laughing): yes HD. you eat poop very yucky.

1 comment:

  1. Ha! It's the little conversations like these that keep us going :) Congratulations on a fantastic, and honest, blog.

    ReplyDelete